Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh, What a Night!




Wow - am I drained this morning! Let's just say I've had better nights. I got ready for bed, snuggled under my warm comforter, and then it happened. I began to cry. No, SOB. For no reason at all. And I couldn't stop - the waterworks just kept coming. I have heard that pregnant women just get emotional and cry for no reason at all, but that's not happened to me yet! Vahe asked me what was wrong, and I said (but barely understandable) "Nothing". Vahe didn't buy it, because usually when I say "nothing", that definitely means that something is wrong (typical woman thing!) I continued to just cry and cry uncontrollably and was somehow able to convince him that there was truly nothing wrong. I don't know where it came from or why it happened, but it did. I was just a big cry baby!! And I have the puffy eyes this morning to show for it. Awesome.

Then, if that wasn't enough, I experienced something else that I thought I was going to be lucky enough to escape. I've read about it, heard friends talk about it, but haven't gone through it... until now. At 1:00 this morning, I woke up to the infamous "calf cramp". OUCH!!!!!!!!! That hurt so bad! Luckily, I was able to work the cramp out quickly and was able to go back to sleep. Then, around 4:30 am, SURPRISE!!! Another calf cramp - sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.... and this one lasted longer. Once I was able to work it out, I got up and walked around and all I kept thinking was, "Great - I still have 4 months to go. Awesome."

It was not the best night at all, and I am very tired. But, I keep telling myself, that it will all be worth it in the end! Matter of fact, our little guy is practicing his acrobatics in my belly right now, so it's putting a smile on my tired face. :)

Have a GREAT Friday!

Love
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Did you need your mommy last night? Eat more bananas! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA sorry I really don't mean to laugh it's just that I have been there! While I never cried for no reason it certainly did not take much to make me cry! In fact just a little secret between us, I uh cried at Boys II men performing end of the road live on television. Oh how embarrassing to admit that! I cried at the tv all the time and in fact I am still crying easily at the television! I also feel your pain on the calf cramps! I hated those so much!! I ate bananas and drank a lot of water but it did not matter! All I can say is when you get one don't flex your foot and immediately start rubbing it out. Oh I don't miss that at all! HA HA HA I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete