Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Never Thought This Day Would Come....

... and I am serious. All my life, I have LOVED shopping. Well, being pregnant and shopping is a whole different experience that was, well, overwhelming. I never thought I would say this, but I went shopping the other day and not only was it overwhelming and tiring, it wasn't that much fun. Let me recap for you (bear with me, I just need to vent).

I had some things that I had to return, so I went to Crestview to return them and also do some shopping. There wasn't a close parking spot to be found, so I had to park pretty far away from all of the stores I would be going to. So, I park, carry my purse (which weighs 10 lbs just by itself!) and couple of bags to the first store. I had successful stops at the first two stores, which added two more bags to my hands. So, this is the point where I have to pee. And badly! I felt like my son was using my bladder as a trampoline!!! So, I head to return the first item, which gets rid of a bag, but I bought something at another store, which defeated the purpose of getting rid of a bag! I've been shopping for about 2 hours at this point and I am tired, have to pee really bad and I just want to go home. But, I have to return the other item. So, I go into Dillards, and decide to try on a bunch of clothes. BIG, big mistake. I probably brought 30 items into the dressing room and not one thing fit me! I looked so ridiculous in everything I tried on. It was so depressing. I started getting hot, I was on the verge of tears and I still hadn't peed! I decided that I just needed to get the hell out of there and go home. So, as I am leaving with way too many bags in my hands (to the point where the circulation was cutting off), I remember how far I had parked. UGH. On the way to the car, I had to pass Abuelo's, a Mexican restaurant. It smelled soooo good. I was so incredibly close to walking in there, bags and all, and ordering a taco! After all, I deserved it, right?! As much as it pains me, I talk myself out of the taco, walk to the car, take a deep breath and cry. I cried because, I realized that being pregnant is putting limitations on things that I have always been able to do and have loved doing. I can no longer do shopping marathons and clothes just aren't as flattering right now!!! I called my mom and vented to her, which made me feel much better, but I was so overwhelmed by the whole experience. Oh yeah, and I still hadn't peed. Shopping is supposed to be FUN! I guess I need to hire a personal shopper, huh?! :)

Thanks for listening to me vent. Other than that, things are good. :)

Have a great day!
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Yep I hate to be the bearer of bad news but life as you knew it was over the second you got pregnant. I am still adjusting to the change! You can no longer run out and do a quick errand, and forget about clothes shopping for a long time! I am still depressed about my body. I have 4 lbs of pooch to lose and a l lb on each thigh. You might think 6 lbs is nothing but it has been a very emotional 6 lbs for me because they just don't seem to want to melt away. I have been working hard to try and lose them! Anyway my advice to you is just be comfortable and don't worry about your size because your body is what is for now and won't be back to its original form for a long time so just accept it :). You will burn a ton of calories if you breast feed. If you are not breast feeding then you will burn plenty of calories when he is born because you will not be sleeping much. Also you will find it really hard to even find the time to eat :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing out loud because I remember being pregnant and having to pee so bad but not wanting to go because it was inconvenient. So many times I had to pee really bad but didn't go until I got home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'd like to say that it will get easier to shop once the baby is here..... and it will for a couple of months. Then good luck trying to get out of the house, let alone looking good enought to go to a mall and want to shop :)
    But, it's all in good love. At least then you'll be able to hug & love or strangle the reason why you don't like to shop!!!!!!!
    Bridge

    ReplyDelete