Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Showered with Love :)





This past Saturday (also Valentine's Day) was my baby shower!! I have been anxiously awaiting this day for a while now. I was so excited to have my family and friends in the same room for our little Sweet Pea. It was absolutely perfect! My mom planned a beautiful and extremely creative shower and was put together with the help of my aunts from Chicago and Alissa. The decorations were awesome - everything matched the them of primary colors. The food was incredible - Italian beef from Chicago, potato salad, inside-out ravioli, watergate salad, tons of appetizers, an amazing cake that matched the invitation to a tee from Chicago, homemade sugar cookies cut out and decorated like onesies, bottles, hats, duckies and more. My mom also created a fun candy bar for Valentine's Day with chinese take-out boxes for people to take candy home for themselve, kids, etc. To top it all off, mom also made candy bars to match the theme as well!! They were soooo cute. :) The day was just perfect.

Sweet Pea was spoiled rotten. He got so much great stuff and we are definitely much more prepared for his arrival now. I never thought I would get so excited about diapers, but I was thrilled! The nursery is now coming together and it's beautiful. I love the nursery! I go in there about ten times a day and just think "wow, there will be a little guy in here soon". I can't wait! After the shower, and after everyone had left, I went upstairs to try to put some things away. I was so exhausted, I fell asleep in the glider holding the teddy bear Sweet Pea had gotten as a gift. I have a feeling I'll be falling asleep a lot in that chair! :)

I can't thank my family and friends enough for making my shower such a special day for me. My mom went above and beyond and created this pefect day for me. I love her so much. I can only hope that I am half as good of a mom to Sweet Pea as she has been to me all of my life. :) And, I have to thank her for her creativity and paying attention to the little details when throwing a party, because I definitely inherited that from her! And, I also have to thank my aunts for everything they did over the weekend. They, too, did so much for us and I am so grateful for it.

I can't wait for Sweet Pea's arrival. If there was this much love for him at a shower, I can only imagine how much love there will be for him when he gets here!!!

Love,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I love you too! It was a fun shower...I had a great time and of course, I enjoy having my sisters in town! Your friends and family were very generous and you received some awesome gifts. You have great friends! I would do it all over again for you and Vahe!
    Have a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics!!! I'm also so happy that everything went great... it looks like we missed a fabulous shower!
    Can't wait to see you and sweet pea!!! Ok... Vahe you too!!! And of course Grandma!!!
    Love, Bridge

    ReplyDelete