
We did it! We survived registering! Vahe, my mom and I braved the yucky cold weather on Saturday and went to Babies R Us. I did my research (as much as I possibly could) on which products were good/bad, but also had the best resource - mom - with us! She was a huge help!! It was such a fun and
overwhelming day! We started in the front of the store with all of the bottles, etc. OH MY GOSH. A wall just full of different types of bottles, pacifiers, pumps, cleaners, etc, etc.... wow. Talk about giving me too many choices! We were at the front of the store for 2 hours! We probably spent the most time in the bath toy section - we had too much fun in that aisle (which the picture clearly states)! hahahaha. Overall, we spent 4 hours there! 4! But, it was a very successful day and we managed to get everything done. Now, of course, I'm sure I'll micro-manage it and go back to the store and remove/add things a few times before it's all said and done. But, hey, I can! :) The only downfall of the day was that I was SO incredibly exhausted afterwards! I just wanted to go home, crawl into my jammies and lay on the couch for the rest of the night. So guess what I did!? I went home, crawled into my jammies, and napped on the couch for the rest of the day. It was great. I am thankful that we have so many choices as new parents for our little guy, but registering can be so overwhelming. I never thought it would be so tough! I'm done making decisions for a while.... at least a couple of days. :)
Don't even get me started about how much registering sucks! Actually the baby registering was fine I mostly did it online. Here is what you are going to find out though, people love to give you clothes, blankets, and bath stuff no matter what is on your registery. Also they don't understand that you registered for that particular brand because you researched it and found it to be the best. You will get some things that are the same product but a different brand or whatever and you will wonder why you registered. Although most people do buy from the registery :)
ReplyDelete