Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Today is Christmas, my absolute favorite day of the year.  Ever since I can remember, this has been such a fun and special day.  From being with family, to decorating the tree, to listening to Christmas music, to decorating Christmas cookies, even to battling the crazy holiday crowds, I have loved every second of it.  I look forward to this day all year long.  There's nothing better than waking up on Christmas morning, putting on Christmas music, having a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, eating a piece (or two) of coffee cake or diving into the sugar cookies that we decorated, and being with the ones you love.  As I have gotten older, I have grown to truly appreciate  the true meaning of Christmas, and it not being about the presents under the tree or the goodies in my stocking.  To me, it's about being with the ones you love and cherishing each other's company and presence in your life.  It's about celebrating the blessings of the past year and looking forward to all of the blessings the new year will bring.  The new year will be full of blessings for us.  I cannot wait until next Christmas when we have our son to share it with and instill in him the joys and happiness that Christmas has brought to us all of our lives.  I can't wait to start our own family traditions and see how his little face lights up when we mention "Santa" (we're still trying to figure out how we'll explain to our kids how Santa comes through the fireplace when we don't have a chimney! hahaha)  This is a very exciting time for us, and we feel so blessed.  Truly blessed.  

I would like to say that Santa was very good to me this year.  But, my most favorite gift of all is the son that is growing inside of me and a son who has already taught me how to love in a way that I never thought possible. So, on this Christmas day, I would like to say thank you to all of you who have brought joy and happiness into our lives and know that we love and cherish you.  We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.  

Love, 
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I will go ahead and tell Vahe then to return your Kate Spade diaper bag :)

    The belly pict is hilarious! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's ok.... I'd like to keep the bag. :)

    ReplyDelete