Today is my birthday, and I am 29 years old. 29!!! I am finally the same age as my mom! hahaha. She is forever 29... as I am assuming I will be, too. This birthday is quite different from any other in the past. I have the most perfect birthday gift I could ever ask for - a son. He's been so active today, as if he is doing a birthday dance for me. Knowing that I am going to be a mom in just a few short months is truly the best gift I could get. Birthdays have always been so incredibly special to me (thanks Mom & Dad) and I can't wait to pass that down to our son. I can't wait to celebrate his birthdays as I've been able to celebrate mine. Some people hate their birthdays and don't really love to acknowledge them, but I love them. Other than Christmas, it's my favorite day of the year. And I can't wait to have that experience with Sweet Pea! Now, as special as this birthday is for me, let there be no mistake - there will still be CAKE. Lots of cake. :) White cake with white icing.... yum yum yum. Mom makes the best birthday cake, and I'm sure Sweet Pea will love it, too! It's crazy to think that my next birthday will be the big 3-0 and I'll also be a mommy! How fun!
Happy Birthday to me!!





Happy Birthday! Wow your belly has grown since the last time I saw you :) Crazy to think that when you are turning 30 sweat pea will almost be 1 !!!!
ReplyDeleteoops your baby isn't sweaty I meant sweet pea, LOL!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Sunshine!
ReplyDeleteHmm, you're 29 and I'm forever 29, how did that happen? :0) I hope your little sweet pea will be every bit as enjoyable to you, as you have been to me and dad all these years!
Eat Cake...lots of it!
I love you!
Mom
Happy Birthday Lauren,
ReplyDeleteIt's a good feeling to hear that your Birthdays were always special to you. I'd like to take some of the credit but I believe your Mom deserves that. Let there be no mistake though that I truly believe you'll be every bit as good a Mother to your baby as Mom was to you. You learned from the best. Enjoy your day and always remember that Sweet Pea will always be loved every bit as much as you are.