Monday, June 14, 2010

Mommy of a toddler?! Can that be right?!

It happened in the blink of an eye... my little baby turned into a big boy.  A toddler, if you will.  What?! I have a toddler?!  How is that possible??? I swear it was just yesterday that I was swaddling him, rocking him to sleep, warming bottles, donning spit up as my new perfume, and urging him to try and crawl.  And then poof!  Now I have this food-slinging, hand-clapping, book-reading, picky-eating, copy-catting, ever-running, button-pushing, kiss-blowing, happy-as-can-be toddler.  I never took a single second for granted when Brian was a baby, but it truly amazes me just how quickly time goes by.  I can never go back and relive those precious moments when he relied on me for every single need throughout his day.  But, I look at my Mr. Independent now and he makes me so proud.  Never did I think my heart would swell with such pride when I would ask him what a sheep says and he says "Baa" or when I ask him for a kiss and he comes running up to me mouth wide open and plants a slobbery wet kiss on me.  I love this age.  I LOVE having a toddler.  Don't get me wrong - having a toddler can be hard... really hard.  And I have my days where I break down in tears wondering how I'm going to get through the day.  But, just when I think being a stay-at-home-mom of a toddler is getting really tough, he never fails to find some way to melt my heart.  I love our little man so much, and am proud of the toddler he is and continues to become.  I know one day we'll be blessed with another baby, and it makes me so happy to know that he or she will have the best big brother around!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya!!!! Where does the time go? I don't know if I'm more tired now or when I was up twice in the middle of the night for feedings or now holding Gentry down as I change his diaper....wwhhheeewwww! But at the end of the day - I know I LOVE being a Mommy!

    ReplyDelete