
Hey everyone! So, in addition to keeping a weekly journal at home with pictures, my thoughts, etc... I thought I would blog about my pregnancy too, so that I can share it with all of you. :) I'll start off by saying that since we found out we were pregnant, we have been calling our little miracle "Sweet Pea" because we don't like calling the baby "it" and we don't know yet if it's a he or a she. I think even after we find out what we're having, we'll still call the baby Sweet Pea. It has just stuck and we love it!
I won't go back to the beginning in detail because most of you pretty much already know what the first few months of pregnancy were like for me. But, just to recap - the first few months were OK. I wasn't getting sick, but I stayed nauseous morning, noon and night most days... which was NOT fun. I was sleeping more than I was awake and my energy level took a nose dive. But, other than that, I had it pretty easy. I had zero complications and everything was right on track.
At our 12 week appointment, we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time!! It was amazing! The heartbeat was loud and strong and beating 160 beats per minute. That was the first time that it was truly "real" for Vahe!! He was so cute! At that point, we could start telling the people we hadn't already told, which was great because it was SO hard to keep it a secret!!
At my 16 week appointment, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again and it was beating 158 beats per minute. It was so cool to get to hear it again. The doctor said that I was in perfect health, a healthy weight and the baby was developing just as it should be. Great, great news all around!
At 17 weeks, that's when I really started to show. I was so excited to see that little baby bump! I just love it! And now here I am at 18 weeks. My clothes no longer fit (ugh) and I am now being forced into maternity clothes. I went 17 weeks in my normal size clothes, but my belly isn't having that anymore!! :) Sweet Pea needs to be comfortable - and so does Mommy! I have started to feel the baby moving, which is such a cool feeling. It happens mostly at night when I am playing music for Sweet Pea. I've been feeling it the past couple of days, though, at work during meetings. I just sit there and smile thinking "if you all only knew what I was feeling right now!" :)
I absolutely love being pregnant and I can't wait to share the journey with you through my blog! I'll be posting messages, pictures, etc. Feel free to leave comments whenever you like!
Love
Lauren
I won't go back to the beginning in detail because most of you pretty much already know what the first few months of pregnancy were like for me. But, just to recap - the first few months were OK. I wasn't getting sick, but I stayed nauseous morning, noon and night most days... which was NOT fun. I was sleeping more than I was awake and my energy level took a nose dive. But, other than that, I had it pretty easy. I had zero complications and everything was right on track.
At our 12 week appointment, we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time!! It was amazing! The heartbeat was loud and strong and beating 160 beats per minute. That was the first time that it was truly "real" for Vahe!! He was so cute! At that point, we could start telling the people we hadn't already told, which was great because it was SO hard to keep it a secret!!
At my 16 week appointment, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again and it was beating 158 beats per minute. It was so cool to get to hear it again. The doctor said that I was in perfect health, a healthy weight and the baby was developing just as it should be. Great, great news all around!
At 17 weeks, that's when I really started to show. I was so excited to see that little baby bump! I just love it! And now here I am at 18 weeks. My clothes no longer fit (ugh) and I am now being forced into maternity clothes. I went 17 weeks in my normal size clothes, but my belly isn't having that anymore!! :) Sweet Pea needs to be comfortable - and so does Mommy! I have started to feel the baby moving, which is such a cool feeling. It happens mostly at night when I am playing music for Sweet Pea. I've been feeling it the past couple of days, though, at work during meetings. I just sit there and smile thinking "if you all only knew what I was feeling right now!" :)
I absolutely love being pregnant and I can't wait to share the journey with you through my blog! I'll be posting messages, pictures, etc. Feel free to leave comments whenever you like!
Love
Lauren





Hi Lauren - so glad you're doing this. If you responded to everyone everytime they wanted to hear from you how things are going, you'd have to leave work now and make that your full time job! I'll be sharing this with George - and all my friends who ask about you since I am a proud Aunt and talk about nieces and nephews constantly! I'll check in weekly (or more) to get the updates. Thanks so much - Love, Aunt Pat.
ReplyDelete