Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

That's what I keep telling myself!!!! Hahaha!  No, in all honesty, I LOVE this time of year.  We kicked things off with Thanksgiving at my parents house and the food was delicious as always.  I love being pregnant during the holidays!!  "But the baby NEEDED that extra helping of pumpkin pie!" :)  Now, it's full force ahead until Christmas.  The holidays really snuck up on me this year.  I swear it was just summertime and now BOOM! We're less than a month away from Christmas.  Vahe and I did a lot of online shopping on Black Friday because we refused to go out into the madness.  It was nice just sitting by the computer in our jammies listening to Christmas music and drinking coffee while shopping and getting some great deals!  Maybe next year I'll go out to the stores... nah, probably not. :)  We got our Christmas lights up outside and our tree was put up as well!  It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas around here!  I'm enjoying decorating the house, even though there are boxes, lights, decorations, etc scattered all over the house (leaving me feeling a wee bit overwhelmed!)


As I'm sitting here typing this, I really should be back up in bed.  I started to not feel well yesterday (cold symptoms, etc) and this morning I woke up with a fever and feeling miserable.  There's nothing like being pregnant and sick and having your house in a complete disarray!  I have been in bed most of the day, but needed to come downstairs for a break.  Like I said, it's the most wonderful time of the year, right?!?! :)

On a happier note, I'm definitely starting to show!  I haven't "popped" yet, but there's most definitely a belly now. I finally broke down this weekend and bought some maternity jeans. Oh how I have missed the comfort of those!!!  Here's one of the latest pictures that was taken of me (I believe this was 1 1/2 weeks ago).  I'm getting excited that in a few weeks we'll be able to know if I'm having a boy or a girl!  Most people are saying girl... I'm leaning towards boy.... but we'll see soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I had to stop by to mention how jealous I am that you'll soon be rockin' the velour maternity sweatsuit! I wore mine almost until APRIL, convincing myself it was cold enough. Why not? It's the most comfortable outfit I've ever owned. And I bought it because you posted about it when you were expecting Brian :)

    ReplyDelete