Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yay for PINK!

Move over blue and brown, make way for pink and purple!!!  We are SO excited that we are having a little girl!  Vahe and I went for my 20-week ultrasound on 1/4 and we saw our little sunshine on the monitor moving around and kicking my bladder like crazy :)  She is perfect!  The ultrasound tech was very happy with all of her measurements, my fluid levels and all of the other medical stuff they need to check!  We saw the 4 chambers of her tiny beating heart (151 heart rate!) and her perfectly formed spine.  Based on her measurements, the tech said that if she keeps growing at the rate she is right now, we'll likely have an 8-9 lb baby on our hands!  Technology is so amazing, in that we get to see what is going on inside of me, and make sure that everything is developing as it should.  We were SO thrilled to learn that she is growing and developing so well, and equally excited when she told us that our little baby was a "she!"



Brian is going to be such a wonderful big brother - he is even calling the baby "sissy". Too cute!  I told him the other day that our lives as we know it were going to change dramatically in a few short months. His response to me was "Oh no..."  :)

On a somewhat related, though separate note, I am continuing to feel well... though getting bigger every day!  Nights are becoming restless for me, as I'm getting up 2-3 times to pee and falling back asleep can be challenging.  I feel movement all the time from this little girl, and she loves to kick my bladder.  That's fun :)  I'm having some serious "sweets" cravings right now.  My current craving is Hostess Ding Dongs. I haven't had or even thought about a ding dong in years, but I saw them as part of a game on "Minute to Win It" last night and now I so have to have one. I'm fighting the urge, but I have a feeling I may cave...

Here is the latest belly pic that I have. This was taken at 20 weeks (I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow).  This was taken on New Year's Eve before a wedding :)  I feel like I'm so much bigger already!


Well, that's it for now! Happy 2011 everyone!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment