Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ready or Not... Here He Comes!!

With only 15 more days to go, I am starting to get anxious, nervous, excited, scared - all of that good stuff rolled into one.  This past week has been particularly tough on me, as I have been experiencing cramping, bad back pain, braxton hicks contractions, sleepless nights and just an overwhelming sense of feeling "yucky". OH, and my emotions have been out of control, too.  Crying is a norm for me this week! LOL  

I have been walking almost every day to try and get some progress going and I've been wanting Vahe to make spicy foods for me.  Well, it seems to have worked!!! Last week, I had ZERO progress and I had a dr. appt. today and I am 2 cm dilated and 90% effaced!!  YES!  The doctor said that I had made significant progress in a week and that's the reason I have been feeling so awful.  Sweet Pea's head is basically as far down as it can be, and buried in my pelvic bone. Heartbeat is still strong and this little guy is in position and ready to come out and play.  Now, we just play the waiting game.

The hospital bag is packed, the car seat is installed in the car and Vahe is pretty much on call 24/7 until the baby comes.  It's all very real for both of us now and we are so excited to meet our son.  It makes me want to cry (in a good way!) just thinking about it.  I can't believe he'll be here so soon.  I can't believe we'll be Mommy and Daddy any day now.

I'll make sure to keep you all posted. My next appt. is Monday.... if I even make it til then! haha  
Love
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. I stand by my prediction of tomorrow being the day! You will have to let me know how you feel tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bounced on one of those big exercise balls. I don't know if it helped at all, but it felt good and didn't give me heartburn at 3 am! Good Luck, I wish I could explain how wonderful it is, but you will know soon enough. Let me know if there is anything I can do from Tennessee. I will be praying for a quick and easy labor for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren...just thought I'd check out the latest updates,since it's getting soooooo close to your delivery date.
    Gosh it's hard to believe it could literally be ANY DAY NOW!
    Actually,just seeing your latest picture pretty much confirms it...that is a big
    belly-full of baby you got going there...LOL

    I'm getting a little anxious myself;I can only imagine what the rest of you in KY are going through.I can hardly wait for that phone call from your Mom,announcing that your little guy has arrived.
    Aside from your discomfort,and emotional state right now,I'm sure you must also be really grateful that you have had such a positive,and healthy pregnancy experience.

    You are,and will continue to be in my thoughts,and I will pray that you will have a smooth,swift,and painless as possible delivery.

    I'M SO FREAKIN EXCITED !

    All my love,
    Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete