Monday, May 4, 2009

My Pride and Joy






Hi everyone!  I am really sorry I haven't updated this in a long time.  I have gotten yelled at by a few people that they've been waiting patiently for an update.... and that I really needed to get on here and do it.  So, this is me - updating all of you on the most precious little boy, who has been so amazing the past 5 1/2 weeks.  Let's see - where do I start?

Brian is doing really well - he is letting us sleep at night (usually about 4-5 hours at a time), he's on a regular feeding schedule (which makes it a lot easier for me to plan my day) and he's such a happy baby.  He definitely is fiesty at times, which he clearly gets from me! hahaha!

Some fun things about Brian so far:  
-He has turned over twice on his own, the first time being at 2 weeks!  
-He is smiling and cooing - which I absolutely love. It's so cute!!!
-He was 8 lbs, 80z and 21 inches long at his 1-month appointment. The doctor said that he was acting more like a 2-month old because of how alert he is.
-His favorite thing to do is look out our big windows .... he seriously can sit in front of the window for hours, just looking at the outside world.  :)
-He is losing his hair. Yes, that head full of black hair is slowly going away.  It'll be interesting to see if he loses it all or if he has a "patchy" head of hair! LOL
-He loves tummy time, his pacifier and reading books (ok - looking at the pictures while mommy and daddy read them)

As far as I go, I am starting to feel human again. Recovery has been a hard and long process, one that I am still going through.  It's been almost 6 weeks since I delivered and I am probably at 80% now.  I'm able to get out of the house, run errands, go shopping, get coffee, etc.  It's so nice to have things get back to some sense of normalcy.  However, it's quite different now - the concept of just getting in the car and going is long gone.  It's much more of a chaotic process now! haha.  I go to the doctor this week, so hopefully I will get the "all clear" to start slowly working out again. I miss it so much!

Well, that's about as good of an update as I can give right now without it being really, really, really long.  I promise that I will be better about updating this!  Now that I have a pretty good schedule set now, I'll be able to have two free hands to update.

Love,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. It's about time you posted something new! ;0)

    ReplyDelete