Friday, May 15, 2009

Crying It Out


Ok - being a mom is amazing. I love every minute I spend with Brian. But, let's not kid ourselves... being a mom is hard and frustrating at times.  It seems I have spoiled him already. That's my job, right?  Maybe not so much.  It seems that the only way Brian will go down for a nap is if I hold him, cuddle him or rock him.  Then once he is asleep, I'm able to put him down.  Most times he stays asleep, but other times, every single time I put him down - he wakes up and starts crying.  As soon as I pick him up, he stops. And goes back to sleep. It's a vicious cycle.  So, the past few days, I have started to put him down and tried letting him "cry it out". It's not working so well. I know it won't happen overnight, but geeeeez is it exhausting!!  I know that it will pay off in the long run, but wow is it tough right now.  This will get better right? RIGHT?!?! :) 

2 comments:

  1. It will get better...but for now, just go with the flow, honey! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't spoil a baby the first 3 months of its life. The first 3 months are spent trying to mimic the womb environment for him as best as you can. After 3 months is when you start to back off and let them cry. Every phase is temporary so just keep reminding your self that. Of course it gets better! You will find with each phase there are things you will love and can't get enough of and things that you could do without! Welcome to mommy hood!

    ReplyDelete