Thursday, August 26, 2010

A follow up to "Joys of Motherhood #3"...

After I wrote the Joys of Motherhood #3 today, Brian woke up from a 3 hour nap.  The past few days, when he wakes up, he does that screeching that I was mentioning.  But, it's almost as if he sensed that I was writing about him... and wanted to prove me, and all of you, wrong.  So, he woke up talking.  Babbling. Sweetly babbling.  The sounds that I love to hear.  When I went to get him out of his bed, he greeted me with the biggest smile, said "mama" and put his arms up to me.  When I picked him up, he gave me a big hug and when I asked for a kiss, too... he planted a big, open mouth slobbery kiss on my mouth.  The hugs and kisses that I adore.  When I brought him downstairs, he just wanted to be with me.  He was sweet, and loving and being the boy that we all know and love.  I made him eggs for lunch... and he even wanted to help make them.  When I put him in his high chair, he got a little antsy, because he wanted his eggs NOW. I could sense the screech coming... but I told him "I know... Brian wants his eggs RIGHT NOW. But you have to wait until they're done." and like magic, he said "wait" and he just sat there, waiting for his eggs.  Now THIS is how it should be. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment